Vacation Fashion Essentials
Hey guys! It is been awhile but after a very needed couple weeks to get settled into our Kelowna home and to spend time with the hubby I am back at it. We are finally into a good routine (as much as we can be with all the traveling we do) so it feels like it is time to get back to real life.
But that is not what today's post is about, today's post is about summer vacations! Do any of you have any vacations planned? We don't...thinking about escaping for Hawaii for a week, but we kind of put that on the back burner with the volcano eruption...I have never been to the big island so that is what I had my heart set on, but thinking we might still make it happen, we'll see!
Today I am sharing some of my vacation essentials. All of my belongings are spread out between Montreal, Kelowna, and Washington state and we kinda never know when we are going to be able to squeeze in a vacation so I have a little stack of these basics at each home that I can mix and match with my everyday clothes to pull together cute vacay looks.
1. Cut Off Denim - this one is a no-brainer...cute, casual, comfortable, perfect for vacation.
2. Nude Heels - Summer vacation is a perfect time to pull off nude everything, so no need to pack three different colored heels. These delicate strappy ones will go with everything.
3. Summer Hat - I find this being one of the hardest things to shop for, sometimes I feel goofy in big sun hats so finding one that I am comfortable in was a bit tough. Swimsuit shops are the perfect place to go and try on a ton and at least find a style you like on yourself.
4. Woven bag - These are all the rage right now so go ahead and buy one to be on trend now, and then even when they are not so trendy you always have it for vacation. I love this one that I found at Urban Outfitters.
5. Flowy pants - I feel like nothing screams vacation more than some chic flowy pants. I have a white pair that I pack on literally every vacation we go on and so easy to mix and match with any top and still keep the vacation vibe.
6. Sweater Tank - You need one of these, period. You can pair it with flowy pants and heels for a nice going out look or throw it on with the cut off denim for a more polished casual look.
7. Swimsuit Cover - The one pictured here is a little bit on the wild side with the colored palm palms but it just screamed Mexico vacation so I had to add it. I would traditionally go with something a little more plain that I could go from beach to dinner if needed.
8. Cute Flats - I own these Steve Madden ones and LOVE them. Again casual and comfortable but has a bit of a dressier look to them which makes them a dream to pair with anything.
9. Bikini - You can not go on vacation without one! Like I said I have one that I love and keep at each home and they all happen to be Maaji brand. The fit is perfect for my body style and whenever it is time for a new suit I end up in this section in the store. They come in fun prints (but not too colorful and out there) perfect for vacation.