Good morning guys! I hope everyone is having a great week and sticking to your new year resolutions. My sister was here visiting the last couple weeks, so with her help, it was easy for me to get lots of work done. She left this morning though so we will see how I manage solo. Since I had the extra help, I found myself in the kitchen more often and ended up throwing together some delicious cauliflower tacos!
hy has no one ever told me how freakin delish cauliflower tacos were?! I randomly made them last week (I had nothing in the fridge except cauliflower and lemons) and couldn't believe how good they were and how easy they were to make. I honestly didn't think I would be satisfied with just cauliflower as the main ingredient, but I wasn't missing animal protein one bit!!
or these tacos, I used my go-to protein tortilla recipe. I discovered this recipe years ago and now use it for nearly everything. I usually triple the recipe when making the tortillas and use the extras for crepes, wraps....or sometimes just eat them on their own.
Makes 4 tortillas
- 4 Tbsp Oat Flour
- 3 Tbsp Almond or Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Cup Egg Whites
- Heat a small skillet on the stove over medium. Grease with olive oil. Let the pan get nice a warm.
- Wisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well then let sit for a minute or so.
- Pour 1/4 of the mixture into the pan. After about 1 minute flip the tortilla. You will cook similar to a pancake or a crepe. Avoid over cooking.
- Store any unused tortillas in the fridge.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil and then season with the chili powder, paprika, cumin and pepper flakes.
- Spread cauliflower over a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
Then you just top the taco with your favorite toppings! I blended an avocado, garlic clove and lemon juice for an awesome avocado cream sauce. I also topped it off with some hot sauce.