Good morning all! Not much has been going on in our house this week. The hubs is gearing up for a week long road trip so we have just been staying home and getting in all the family time that we can. The other day I baked one of our favorite treats, oat breakfast bars. I call them treats because they are just so so yummy, but for the most part they are pretty healthy. So I thought this would be the perfect post to end nutrition month with. I have shared this recipe a few times over the years but it never gets old. If you have not tried it yet you need to!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup rasins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x9 dish.
- In a small bowl mix apple sauce, honey, vanilla and egg together until well blended.
- In a large bowl mix oats, flour, brown sugar, almonds, wheat germ and raisins.
- Slowly stir honey mixture into the oat mixture until well blended.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut in to desired sized squares.